This course format replaces the printed version of the AHA’s Family & Friends Facilitator Guide. The AHA’s Family & Friends CPR Course reflects science from the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This update includes additional techniques added to the infant CPR section to include the thumb encircling and heel of one hand methods for compression. Additionally, the sixth link in the chain of survival for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest was added.
This video-based, classroom course teaches:
• Adult Hands-Only CPR and AED
• Adult CPR With Breaths (Optional)
• Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Adult (Optional)
• Child CPR and AED (Optional)
• Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Child (Optional)
• Infant CPR (Optional)
• Mild and Severe Airway Block: How to Help a Choking Infant (Optional)
These topics can be taught together or separately as stand-alone modules.
Skills are taught using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows participants to practice on a CPR training manikin while skills are demonstrated in the course video.